Image Map

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tubular Tuesdays Music Linkup #2: 80's







I am linking up again with Krystal and Jen this week for some Tubular Tunes, ya’ll. This week is all about 80’s music. Hubs was an 80’s kid (he was born in the late 70’s so I think he can appreciate the tunes more than I can) and loves 80’s music. I was born in 1984 and had y.o.u.n.g. parents who liked rock and metal (when I was a kid, all I wanted was what I thought were "normal" parents who listened to "normal" music.) but there are some great classic 80’s hits that even I know and love:
 
 

You Got It (The Right Stuff)-1989
Oh man, I loved me some NKOTB in….Kindergarten!!
I had that sweet pink watch (with their faces on the cover?) and a sheet set that I begged my mom for
 

                                                                          9 to 5-1981
Okay, kids. Judge away but I loved this movie as a kid (no clue why. Still do, actually) and this song always got stuck in my head…


                                                                    Let’s Dance-1983
                                        Always a good one to dance to and in lots of 80’s flicks…


                                                       Flashdance (What A Feeling)-1983
            Oh my gawd…I loved this movie!!! I used to dance around the house for hours to this song

                                                                 Livin’ on a Prayer-1987
               Hubs and I (and friends) still sing this one loud and obnoxiously (esp with a few drinks)


                                                      Wind Beneath My Wings-1989
                                                                One word: Beaches

Play along and link up, kids!
 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww the Beaches song!!! Gets me teary every time! You picked some great tunes, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all great songs!! Bon Jovi is one of my favorites ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crap, I forgot about BOWIE!!!
    good list - I love this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha omggg you just reminded me that I had a karaoke machine and it had a cassette tape with 4 songs on it - vanilla ice, paula abdul, i forget what the other song was, and 9 to 5!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete