Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

{Scrambled} Egg & Ham Omelet Cups

My breakfast muffins have been a huge hit, here at Casa de Crews! But I am a tad bored with em' and ready to move on.

Enter: Omelet "Cups". I have seen several pins floating around, and decided they were so easy, even I could do it. Plus I love that just like my muffins, I can plan ahead with a large batch and be on my way for the work week.
via
Unfortunately, Jason isn't big into the whole runny egg thang {I love me a runny egg, but I digress}, so I decided to scramble instead. However, it all falls down to your household's personal egg preference; there is a sentence I never thought I would say.
                                                                                         
                    


Omelet "Cups" {serves six}

Ingredients:
5 eggs
6 slices of ham
1 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place one ham slice in each muffin tin to create a "cup". Scramble eggs and add in spinach and cheese. Pour egg mixture into cups. I did not need to pre-grease my muffin tin, since it was nonstick and the ham had enough grease, as it was. You may use a non-stick spray if you like.


Bake eggs at 325-350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is browning, bubbly, and egg is completely cooked through.



Feel free to change up your ingredients within your egg mix. I bet green peppers or mushrooms, feta and tomato would be just as tasty!


via My Fitness Pal


What ingredients would you use in your omelet cup?

Enjoy!
Nichole






11 comments:

  1. I love these! I've made them before and my husband was thrilled with his breakfast all week. I've also done the egg mcmuffin recipe too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Those look AMAZING!! I recently had a bacon-wrapped egg cup with spinach and avocado. It was tasty. Yours look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you make these on IG and they are SUCH a great idea! I usually just make egg white bites but adding lunch meat to the bottom if genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, these sound great!! I 100% want to make them. What a great grab and go breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this recipe on youtube a few months ago and I've been meaning to try them but I only saved the video rather than writing down the recipe and putting it aside in my recipe folder. I am less likely to make something when I don't have it in paper form. I like to keep a folder full of recipes that I can flip through for ideas and I generally don't look any further, but I have gotten in the practice of pinning recipes and then looking at my pinterest to get ideas before I even crack open my recipe folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to NOT use hand written, paper recipes! Now, I really like pinterest because I can organize, categorize, and don't waste paper!

      Delete
  6. Runny eggs wouldn't reheat well anyways, they would be, well, not runny haha So I think scrambled was a great idea! These do look delicious. You are so on top of it for breakfast we just eat yogurt or oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool- will have to give it a try. We have the same runny vs non conversation in my house too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I ask why you were looking for nitrate free ham? I had never heard of that as a "thing" until you asked. I saw a post where a blogger tried to make these with bacon instead of ham and it was a fail. Yours look good!

    I hope to see you this Friday or next at the Yelp events. I will be at both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try these! I saw your IG of them! Do they freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try this but with bacon! (since I have quite a bit I need to use up). no effort breakfasts are the best thing ever in the morning!

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete