Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

Burger 21

Ahhh, Burger 21, I could eat there weekly. If you don't live in Florida, you may have no clue where I am talking about, but if you check out their website, it does seem as though they are growing, and for your sake, I hope f.a.s.t.

Anyways...

If you live here in Tampa Bay, you must visit B21, assuming you have not yet. There are six locations, currently. The original location is a mere six miles from Casa de Crews, and hubs and I really enjoy their grub.

Sunday, I had the pleasure of attending another awesome Yelp event at one of my all time fave burger joints, Burger 21.

All week, there was a fun twitter contest going where you could win various prizes to come back to Burger 21 for free food, later. Usually, I am super un-original and don't win these Twitter contests, but the first night, Monday, yours truly, won! $5, baby. For the kid that pretty much never wins anything  I was stoked for my five dollas'...

The event ran from 3-5 and with the gross, overcast weather, I was afraid the event would be cancelled and/or that my hair would blow up with massive amounts of frizz. Fortunately, neither such issue arose and I got to enjoy some delicious food, see some new and old faces and chow down on tasty burgers! Not to mention 21% off drinks, so a few $2 Miller Lites were also consumed.



Samplings included: Black & Bleu Slider, Cheesy Slider, Skinny Turkey Burger, and Chicken Tenders. I never did try the chicken tenders but can tell you all three bites o' burger were ah-maze.




I also tried all eight {technically ten, but I already know what ketchup and mustard taste like!} dipping sauces. My very favorites were the Toasted Marshmallow {which I have had before {and would like to do shots of if no one was watching}} and Apple Cider Dip.


Hey girl...
Jason wanted something a little more and so he ordered B21's Black & Bleu Wedge Salad {which was the first thing I ever had when dining at Burger 21 last year with the lovely Emilee} and said he really enjoyed it.


And oh the shakes! I'm not a big sweets person and by the time "shots" of shakes came around, I was quite full. But wanting to be a good Yelper, I forged on and tried each shake like a good girl. I took one for the team {yea, right}, fer shure'.


All in all, the event was a great time! The best part? I won the GRAND PRIZE of a free burger {$10} each month for the rest of the year!! Hollllla....I can't wait to go back to Burger 21 and try more of their culinary creations.
{winner, winner, burger dinner}

All the Twitter winners {including my sissy}  from the week!
Snagged this photo from Caroline.









13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your prize! I am always on the lookout for a new place to bring the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome prize, congrats on winning! :-)

    - Val @ KnotTiedDown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut yer face!!! I wish Texas had one! I am obsessed with burgers. I could eat them everyday. In fact when I was pregnant I did. And I am a dipping sauce lover. My fries have to be dipped in ranch, honeymustard, anything. Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, thats awesome! A free burger every month? How lucky are you! I've tried sweet potato fries with marshmallow dipping sauce before at another restaurant and I was obsessed. That 2nd slider looks delicious, is that the turkey burger? Yum! Winning stuff is always so exciting (especially when it has to do with food :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an incredible turkey burger! Not dry and very flavorful.

      Delete
  5. ohh my gosh NUMMMM!

    I am making a dinner date for myself and the hubs here for sure! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning!

    All that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a great thing to win! and those sauces seem interesting...i don't know if i would be brave enough to try all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun times! Glad I got to spend time with ya'll and thanks for sharing your fries with me. I agree, the toasted marshmallow and cider dip was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo! Congratulations on the win! I'm in the same boat with you--I never win anything. They could have given me a free drink and I would have been pumped. But a free burger every month? You couldn't get more lucky! I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete