Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was awe-some! I got to meet some of the fabulous local gals here in Tampa that blog. I know this is going to sound über corny, but it felt so nice to meet fellow girls that I had things in common with. I love my family and have a great group of friends, already but some of them don't get this whole blog thang and it was nice to meet em' in person...hoping for many more meet-ups!

{Jen, Jessica, Moi, & Lane}
{Meghan, Jessie, Kari, Becca & Lauren}
                                      

{After dinner, on a quest for more drinks}
Saturday, we hit up downtown Tampa for some pirate fun. Some of our friends live a block away from the parade route (and also conveniently above a restaurant that had $25 all you can drink "adult bevs") and that made the whole day a lot easier. In the past, we've packed a cooler, gotten to the parade route ridiculously early and camped out all day. As much fun as that is, this way was awesome as well!





The bestie and I were supposed to go to the Zac Brown Band show afterward, but some things came up and we didn't make it. I was bummed to miss them (again) but these things happen and life goes on.

As much as I enjoy going to Gasparilla and actin' a foo' (yo), I also feel like I am getting too old for this day. Though I say this every year and yet I still go so...

Sunday, we hung around, picked up the Geeg (she stayed at my parents for the weekend) and caught up with a friend for dinner.

Today is my last official day at work. I'm allowing myself one whole week to get some stuff done around the house (organizing, woo-hoo) and clear my head (so many thoughts swimming around up there) before finding a job/company I love (any event planners out there? I work hard and will work for cheap! LOL)...

Everything happens for a reason, "they" say. I just need to find said reason.

Happy Tuesday, ya'll!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Last Day of Work! Glad you had fun at Gasparilla but seriously bummed you missed ZBB. I feel the same way you do about having friends who understand the whole blog thing. It's so frustrating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an awesome weekend, girl I feel the same about Gasparilla as you know, but the only way we'll prob. not go is once I get pregnant lol! Loved your top by the way. It was so nice to meet you all too :-) I will keep my ears open for jobs, too funny that most of us work in events! You should come with Jenn to my networking thing on Feb 7th, it's at Gaspar's Bar email me for deets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just know that something will come up for you! ...for all of us! Events is so hard to get into. While that's my ideal, I just want a job in nonprofit- I don't care if it's as a secretary, making $12/hr. Okay, yes I do, but I'd take it!
    Maybe one of these days I'll make it to Gasparilla...hmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures!!

    I think your next job will be great...whatever it is!

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. No doubt that your next job will be everything you've hoped for! =)

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    it's the last day to enter my giveaway!
    check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeting other bloggers is always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh fun! Looks like you girls had a great time! I'd love to meet up if y'all do that again! I'm in Orlando.

    ReplyDelete