Image Map

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10lb Challenge {update}

So as you know I joined the challenge to lose 10lbs in 12 weeks hosted by Newlyweds on a Budget. Honestly, with how much I weigh, I will be planning to lose more  than 10lbs, but that's still a good number to start with.

The "contest" officially began yesterday, but I started my own weight loss journey on Jan 3rd (the day after my birthday). Meaning, today marks two weeks of eating right...

Not gonna lie, I'm a scale junkie. I can't (usually) help but weigh myself every other day. I have been such a good girl though and haven't weighed myself again until today.

I am down...SIX pounds

I should be happy with an average of 3lbs/week, but...I'm not. It's because I haven't worked out. Not one bit and I know if I had, I could have (should have) lost more in two weeks.


I am however, proud of myself for sticking to low carb most of the time. There were a few times when I had a drink or two (not really "allowed" when you are trying to lose weight because alcohol can slow your metabolism for a few days afterwards) but other than that, I've survived two entire weekends without indulging in eats. Another point I am proud of.

This week, I am going to focus more on working out. It's funny because some weeks I am an exercise fiend, but once it's been a while I get some mental block and just don't.want.to.go.

Let's see how the next two weeks go! I will keep ya'll posted


9 comments:

  1. Great job! When I lost weight last year cutting down/out alcohol was key I think. Sucks sometimes. Now that I've joined the challenge I am trying to only have 1 or 2 drinks a week. You know, no more finishing bottles of wine on weeknights...

    I think 3lbs a week is great and you shouldn't try to lose more in a week. 1-2lbs is healthy weight loss. In 12 weeks you would be down 36lbs! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! 6 pounds is amazing!! be proud of yourself lady! and just imagine what will happen when you do work out...the pounds will be FLYING off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six pounds is great! It took me three months to lose ten pounds. I would love to lose another fifteen or so, but I've hit a plateau even with exercising 3-5 times a week and eating moderately. Good job and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow keep it up! I am excited about this challenge hopefully we both can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way with working out! If I miss a day or two it's so hard to get back in the routine! Three pounds a week is awesome though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! 3lbs a week is outstanding. Increase protein while decreasing carbs will speed body fat consumption. Then once you plateau increase food intake all together. Combine that with a good exercise routine and be amazed. Are you tracking with pics? Its a good way to avoid the over scaling. I'm proud of you now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete