Image Map

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sister's wedding WEEKEND


This Sunday, my little sister is getting hitched! I am beyond excited for her (and for the open bar as well, but I digress) even if she did have to go and get married the same year as me and all…(kidding, Shauna).

There are four of us kids in my crazy, dysfunctional family and Little Sister is the 2nd oldest. In some ways, we couldn’t be more different but as we get older, we do have more in common and generally enjoy hanging out. When we were kids, she was my punky little sister that followed me places and wanted to be like her big sis, (can you blame her? Jussst kidding) but as we got into the pre and teenage years, we became even more opposite and that caused quite the riff for everyone in our house. I’m pretty sure I mostly got the mean sister rap for it, but Shauna had her moments as well…


See? She was looking up to me...

Cowabunga, dude.
Fast forward and luckily we’re grown ups now who (mostly) get along. I’m still a bossy britches sometimes (hey, I am the oldest. It’s bound to happen, ya’ll) and some days, she's still the lazy bones we all know and love. But we're family, sisters... friends. I am so happy for her and can't wait to see her walk down the aisle with our dad, dressed as a beautiful bride I know she'll be.

                                                  Bride to be at her bachelorette weekend! 10.22.11
                                                                  Martinis at Bar Louie (years ago) 
                                                  Being MOH at my wedding (this photo says it all)

I love you, sisser! Can’t wait to be your MOH this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. that final photo is too cute! i love weddings (going to one in Nov)...have the best time!

    ReplyDelete