Image Map

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ode to my girlfriends

Last night, the bestie, her co-worker and I had a girls night out! I have to say it was an awesome break in an otherwise busy week and I was pretty stoked for the entire evening. As much as I love the hubs, I also love that we don't have to do everything together, either. I know he would have gone with me if I didn't have anyone else to go with, (lunch or a movie alone, I can handle. A concert, would probably never happen) but I definitely think it's important to maintain the friendships we had before we got married, too. Sometimes it can be hard because after dating for 4+ years, his friends are my friends, and vice versa and we end up doing most things in groups, which is fun too--But sometimes, it is the best just to hang with the girls and see where the night takes you (in last night's case, abundant people watching, drooling over Adam Levine and singing with the crowd). There will be lots of group activities this weekend and also hanging with the hubs; the girls and celebrating my beautiful friend  (well and to be fair her husband too since he is pretty awesome himself and we will be having a co-ed shower);  Labor Day and the long weekend...lots to celebrate (hopefully the Bulls beating Notre Dame too--that would make us all happy) Until then, here are some pics from last night...


My bestest friend, AMB, and I. Love her lots! We both could use a tan
Group shot! We actually knew more people who went, but we three sat together.
Blurry but obviously we had a blast


So tell me, what do you do on your Girls Night Out?!









2 comments:

  1. YAY! I cant wait to hang this weekend!! BTW...keep blogging! I love reading your thoughts on "paper"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. I can't remember that last time I had girls' night out. I've been so busy that it hasn't even crossed my mind. I should though. It has been a while. Thanks for planting the seed =)

    Also, I agree with having a good balance between friends and your significant others. It gives you a breather and an excuse to miss him =)

    ReplyDelete