Image Map

Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Club Friday


This week I read:

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.


My thoughts

Erotic is an understatement, ya'll. This book is bey-ond...heated? I felt embarrassed reading this book in public, for fear people would know (then I remembered I was reading on my nook, lol) but I had to see what the heck all the hype was about.

I actually enjoyed the first book. Its not the greatest piece of literature of all time, but it read fast and kept my interest. Making me wonder what the heck was going to happen next. Christian is a messed up guy, that is for sure.

I did read the next book in this trilogy already and I didn't care for it as much. But I'll blog about that next week.

Have you read this book? What did YOU think?

14 comments:

  1. I read it on my Kindle, and still felt the same way! Ha! I agree - not the best literary work, but still captivating! The third book is pretty good...more character development!

    xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book, and it was a little much for me. I have the other two books, but I cannot muster the energy to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many people rave about it, but I'm not sure I can stomach it! Glad you enjoyed it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the first one and now on the second hoping it's good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah! Did you see the fake Kindle commercial on SNL about this? So funny! I read all three and the first was definitely the best. I reviewed them all on my blog today. Don't worry, no spoilers.

    Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read book one and loved it. I'm hoping to start book two this weekend. I have no idea how in the world they are going to make that movie and get anything other than a NC-17 rating on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read it but like you before, I'm super curious about what the fuss is all about. That bit about being embarrassed that people would know made me laugh. I've read similar books before and felt the same ha ha. Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ended up reading it over two days this week. I liked it though I felt the same way its definitely not a literary treasure. I am liking the 2nd book much better so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read them yet. But I was on a plane recently and the girl next to me was reading one. Although she kept putting it down ever few chapters or so saying it was just to much for her to kept reading them especially in such a public place. They aren't the type of book I normally read, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's on my short list to read. Can't wait to get my hands on it to see if it lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just couldn't get into this series! I stopped after the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished the first book yesterday and I agree. I was surprised by how much of a story line there really was... I thought it would be all sex. But I was really frustrated by the ending becuase I want to know what happens, but I didn't think I would like the first book, so I didn't get the second two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I waited to finish the first until I purchased the second. I started the second Sunday and I'm almost finished. The second book is very good. Much better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I waited to finish the first until I purchased the second. I started the second Sunday and I'm almost finished. The second book is very good. Much better than the first.

    ReplyDelete